LipiFlow Dry Eye Treatment Is Available!
LipiFlow, a Thermal Pulsation treatment used to treat Evaporative Dry Eye is available at Rivertown Eye Care.
Some Dry eye symptoms may include:
- Eye Fatigue
- Blurred Vision
- Sandy or Gritty Feeling
If you experience any of theses symptoms you may want to contact your eye doctor to see if LipiFlow Dry Eye Treatment is right for you.
Watch "The Doctors" video on LipiFlow Dry Eye Treatment below:
This is what our patients are telling us about Lipiflow treatments:
What Causes Dry Eye?
The development of dry eyes can have many causes. They include:
- Age—dry eye is a part of the natural aging process. The majority of people over age 65 experience some symptoms of dry eyes.
- Gender—women are more likely to develop dry eyes due to hormonal changes caused by pregnancy, the use of oral contraceptives, and menopause.
- Medications—certain medicines, including antihistamines, decongestants, blood pressure medications and antidepressants, can reduce the amount of tears produced in the eyes.
- Medical conditions—persons with rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes and thyroid problems are more likely to have symptoms of dry eyes. Also, problems with inflammation of the eyelids (blepharitis), inflammation of the surfaces of the eye, or the inward or outward turning of eyelids can cause dry eyes to develop.
- Environmental conditions—exposure to smoke, wind and dry climates can increase tear evaporation resulting in dry eye symptoms. Failure to blink regularly, such as when staring at a computer screen for long periods of time, can also contribute to drying of the eyes.
- Other factors—long term use of contact lenses can be a factor in the development of dry eyes. Refractive eye surgeries, such as LASIK, can cause decreased tear production and dry eyes.